Why Our Pub is Great
An enviable position opposite Holme Pierrepont Country Park makes The Gamston Lock in Gamston, Nottingham a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy restaurant-standard food and drink. We provide the perfect setting for family lunches, intimate dinners, and casual drinks with friends. Dine alfresco in our lush beer garden. The children will be very happy when they clap eyes on our outdoor play area. Come indoors and settle yourselves in warm and elegant contemporary rooms with wonderful country farmhouse-style touches. Like wooden beams, bare brick, long tables, kitchen clocks, old-fashioned scales, vases and jugs.
The kitchen is the hub of our pub. The sight and heavenly smell of gently roasting rotisserie chickens will greet you as soon as you come in. The moistness of the meat contrasts beautifully with the crispiness of the skin. Pick from a variety of plates. We have a rotisserie chicken meal to match every mood and taste, from traditional and simple to modern and adventurous. Little chicks and bigger chicks can choose between smaller versions of our adult chicken dishes. The menu also includes plenty of tempting meaty alternatives to chicken, and there are plenty of exciting, colourful, and tasty meat-free dishes.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus